New Generation 2018 Ford Expedition Charges into Bahrain
New Generation 2018 Ford Expedition Charges into Bahrain
New Generation 2018 Ford Expedition Charges into Bahrain , Redefining Full-Size SUV Segment with More Capability, Adaptability and Smart Technology than Ever
- The smartest, most capable and most adaptable Expedition ever promises to challenge the full-size SUV segment by offering more power, capability, generous space, connectivity and smart new technology
- New, more powerful 3.5-litre EcoBoost® twin-turbo engine and class-exclusive 10-speed automatic transmission are expected to deliver up to 400 horsepower and 610Nm torque along with the best towing capability of any full-size SUV
Bahrain – Almoayyed Motors, the exclusive distributor of Ford and Lincoln vehicles in the Kingdom of Bahrain has launched the new generation 2018 Ford Expedition charges, promising to redefine the full-sized SUV segment with its all-new design inside and out, its unique smart technologies, more power for drivers, and more expected towing capability than any other full-sized SUV. The new generation 2018 Ford Expedition is the smartest, most capable and most adaptable Expedition ever.
“When Expedition was introduced 20 years ago, it set the standard for active families who simply needed a big and strong SUV to take them places,” said Mario D’costa, General Manager, Almoayyed Motors. “Ford has continued to push standards to newer and higher levels, building on its SUV leadership heritage.”
Most capable Expedition ever
Powered by a second-generation 3.5-litre EcoBoost® twin-turbo engine with standard Auto Start-Stop plus a class exclusive new 10-speed automatic transmission, the all-new Expedition is the most powerful Expedition ever, offering up to 400 horsepower on Platinum models along with a whopping 610Nm of torque.
The 2018 Expedition’s new Terrain Management System has up to seven drive modes including a Sand Mode, and, paired with a two-speed transfer case (all four-wheel-drive models) and the rear eLSD (electronic limited-slip differential) that allows a full differential lock, offers excellent off-road capability. In addition, an all-new high-strength, aluminium-alloy body and redesigned high-strength steel frame form the foundation for Expedition’s rugged off-road and strong towing capabilities.
For customers wanting to carry more cargo or tow loads, the new generation Expedition offers Pro Trailer Backup Assist, which makes backing up a trailer as easy as turning a knob. The all-new Expedition offers a class-leading towing capacity of up to 4,200kg.
Smartest Expedition ever
The new generation Expedition offers more driver-assist technology than any other full-size SUV. More than 40 features and driver-assist technologies new to Expedition help make the journey as enjoyable as the destination. These include class-exclusive enhanced active park assist to easily pull in and out of parking spots, as well as available 360-degree camera technology to help customers see more around their Expedition for easier parking.
On the road, Expedition’s lane-keeping aid is designed to reduce unintentional drifting of the vehicle outside its lane, while adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go allows drivers to set a cruising speed, using radar and camera technology to monitor traffic to maintain a set distance between vehicles.
Its collision avoidance detection system helps drivers avoid other vehicles or pedestrians, while available Blind Spot Information System helps monitor blind spots outside the driver’s immediate view. In addition, Expedition offers available new connectivity technologies and convenience features, including:
• Wireless charging: Expedition is Ford’s first vehicle to feature this system, which allows customers to place compatible mobile devices on an integrated charging pad conveniently located in the front centre console
• Dual-headrest rear seat entertainment system provides a next-generation video experience that allows passengers to view their media on either of two video screens or hand-held devices
• SYNC® 3, with both Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ capability, allows drivers to stay connected on the move
• Power for passengers in every row, with four 12-volt power points, six USB chargers and a 220-volt power outlet that lets passengers stay charged and connected
• B&O PLAY 12-speaker premium audio system perfected by acoustic engineers for a sound experience even audiophiles will appreciate
• Advanced cargo manager with an adjustable shelf behind the third row lets owners create a storage space customised to whatever they’re hauling; even when parked on a hill, cargo won’t roll out the back of Expedition when the liftgate is opened
• Panoramic Vista Roof spans two rows, a feature not offered by any competitor
Most adaptable Expedition ever
The new generation Expedition has a roomy, flexible interior. With seating for up to eight people and room for their gear, this full-size SUV makes modern family adventures more comfortable during short and long trips.
The all-new Expedition is the first full-size utility to feature a sliding second-row seat with tip-and-slide functionality, providing easy access to the third row without the need to first remove a child safety seat. Once in the third row, even adults will appreciate more legroom and reclining seats.
The all-new Expedition offers best-in-class second-row and third-row leg room and hip room. For large families traveling long distances in the Middle East, this is a feature that customers want and appreciate.
Expedition’s second- and third-row seats can be quickly folded flat with the push of a button to open up a cargo area wide enough to handle 4x8-foot sheets of plywood and other gear, depending on cargo weight and load distribution, even with the liftgate closed.
Even the drive is more adaptable, with Expedition’s all-new Terrain Management System™ that lets customers choose between drive modes for optimal vehicle handling in different conditions. This includes Normal for around-town driving, Sport for more spirited trips, Tow/Haul for improved towing and hauling performance, Eco for enhanced fuel economy, Grass/Gravel/Snow for loose terrain, Sand for low traction situations, and Mud/Rut for uneven surfaces.
* According to the American Society of Automotive Engineers